Following General Conference 2019
- WATCH THE LIVE STREAM
- TRACK LEGISLATION
- GC AGENDA (reminder: all times listed on this agenda are CST)
- ADCA (contains all of the legislation submitted for consideration by the delegates.)
- DCA (the official journal of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church. It serves as the record of those who have been elected to serve as delegate, the legislation submitted, and the decisions made by the General Conference.
- RECAP FROM SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23 | VIDEO
- RECAP FROM SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24 | VIDEO
- RECAP FROM MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25 | VIDEO
- UMNS STORIES
- UMNS PHOTOS
Eight hundred and sixty-four delegates from around the world will convene in St. Louis, Missouri, February 23-26, 2019, to attend a special called session of General Conference. Twelve delegates - eight voting delegates and four alternates, half clergy and half lay - will represent the South Georgia Conference at this conference.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church, typically meeting every four years. At the request of General Conference 2016, the Council of Bishops set a plan for addressing the overwhelming number of proposals related to same-sex marriage, the ordination of gay clergy, and related topics. The bishops’ plan involved creating the Commission on a Way Forward and setting a Special Session of General Conference in 2019.
The South Georgia Office of Communications will be on-site, sharing daily videos and news updates via the conference website and social media channels. Make sure you are signed up to receive General Conference emails: sgaumc-email.brtapp.com/subscribe. The official hashtags for social media are #umcgc and #GC2019.
Since the work of the General Conference will be done as a single group rather than breaking into the typical legislative subcommittees, the event will be streamed by United Methodist Communications in its entirety - beginning with worship on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. EST and adjourning at 7:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Feb. 26. That livestream will be available online in both English and French.
Below are links related to the special called conference that will help you follow the session:
- South Georgia Conference website
- About General Conference
- General Conference Primer (FAQs)
- GC Agenda
- Advanced Daily Christian Advocate
- Live Stream Link
- Video message from the Delegation: We are grateful for your prayers
- Video message from Bishop Bryan: What Defines Us
- March 9 Information Session Details (a video and bulletin insert are available)
Please be in prayer for the delegates, our Bishops, leaders, and staff traveling to this conference in the coming days.