Annual Confirmation Retreat reimagined
The 20th annual Confirmation Retreat may not look like it has the last 19 years, but the focus remains the same: to complement what a church is or will be doing for each Confirmation class and to bring a sense of connectedness to our churches.
Since 2002, the South Georgia Conference has sponsored an annual Confirmation Retreat at Epworth By The Sea for students in the fifth grade and above. This event provides churches of all sizes an opportunity to connect with others through worship, study, and fellowship. While the gathering of more than 500 confirmands won’t be happening in person this March, the content will be packaged (both digitally and tangibly) to be used in creative, useful ways for individual church groups.
Here are a few of the resources offered in the Confirmation Package:
- Live opening session/training for leaders only
- Mini video courses on topics of grace, United Methodist History, our connectedness, the journey as a disciple of Christ and more!
- Q&A Zoom sessions with District Superintendents
- Mission Moments spotlighting young people serving in South Georgia
- “How to talk to confirmands about General Conference” digital download
- Spotify playlist of worship/hymns/seasonal songs to match the courses
- Opening and closing videos featuring Bishop Bryan
- Sample schedule layouts
- T-shirts for each confirmand
Registration will be open January 1-31, 2021 only. Resources will launch February 1, 2021, for the churches registered and may be used at any time. The cost is only $10 per person and includes all packaged digital content and a t-shirt. For more information, click here.