Advanced Lay Servant Training, Trinity UMC - Savannah
Advanced Lay Servant Training - Trinity UMC Savannah, GA (225 W. President Street Savannah GA 31401)
Lay Servant training is designed to educate those persons interested in stretching their faith to participate more fully in the ministries of the church. They have three main areas of focus: Leading, Caring, and Communicating.
- Leading - Lay servant leadership takes many forms. Lay Servants provide leadership for small groups, mission endeavors, community organizations, worship settings, committees and teams, and more.
- Caring - Lay servants provide a caring presence in all they do. They may participate in visitation, welcoming and hosting guests, new member care, establishing local mercy ministries, prison ministry, and care for pastors and staff.
- Communicating - Lay servants, like all believers, are called to share the good news of Christ with others. This can occur through sharing an encouraging word with those who are suffering, speaking out for those who can’t speak for themselves, or presenting the gospel through preaching, teaching, or speaking. Most importantly this happens through leading a life that exhibits Christ in all they do.
The advanced class, based on Cokesbury’s book, “Each One a Minister,” by William Carter is a study of the book of Ephesians and what it teaches us about how we are called to use our spiritual gifts. Included in the course is the following:
- Ephesians 1- Being a chosen member of God’s family
- Ephesians 2- Living out our spiritual inheritance
- Ephesians 3- Our job and mission as the church
- Ephesians 4- Using our gifts
- Ephesians 5- The posture of leadership
- Ephesians 6- Armed for the Fight
- Exploring how to use your gifts
- Prepare and execute a 5-minute talk
Friday: 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Registration fee for the class is $40. This fee covers all materials and lunch on Saturday. Please note you will have to pay approximately $10/day for parking. This cost is not included in your registration fee.
(Note: Basic Lay Speaking class must be completed before taking Advanced Class)
Contact Anne Bosarge for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org