Director of Student Ministries - Thomasville FUMC
Thomasville (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. This position leads weekly youth programming throughout the year that includes fellowship, discipleship, and mission opportunities and should also include extensive summer programming. This person builds relationships with students in a way that models Christian discipleship and wisely uses the resources of the church, including volunteers, other staff members, and funding. The focus is to create opportunities for our youth to encounter Christ in a real way.
1) Passionately follows Christ and feels a calling to serve in student ministry.
2) Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
3) Creates a balanced student ministry that includes worship, discipleship, mission, outreach, and fellowship.
4) Be readily available to youth (attendance at extra-curricular events, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
5) Effectively partners with youth, parents, other staff, volunteers, and small group leaders.
6) Possesses a bachelor’s degree.
Salary + benefits; based on experience.
TFUMC, a 1500-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf Coast beaches.
Further details can be found on our website.