Director of Children's Ministries - Crossroads UMC (Perry, GA)
Crossroads Director of Children’s Ministries
Bringing up children in the Christian faith is an awesome responsibility and vital ministry at Crossroads. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator develops and oversees an effective children’s ministry for children age infant through completion of fifth grade to help children explore, connect, grow and live out the Christian faith. This position also works to provide an outreach to the children of the Perry Area Community.
Responsible and reports to:
Senior Pastor or his/her designee
The Staff Parrish Relations Committee
Qualifications, skills, and gifts:
- Be a disciple of Jesus.
- Fully committed to the vision, mission, values, and core beliefs of Crossroads.
- Has a heart and passion for children and a burning desire to share the life of Jesus with children and see them begin and grow in the Christian faith.
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- Have the spiritual gifts of teaching and administration.
- Organized, self-starter—able to work independently.
- Team-Player—able to work with volunteers and a wide variety of ―constituents‖: pastoral staff, volunteer workers, parents and grandparents, children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Complies with a background check.
30-40 hours per week.
A four-year degree, preferably in early childhood education, counseling or psychology or comparable experience with children’s ministry.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and oversee a Ministry Action Plan to provide effective ministries to children and prepare an annual Children’s Ministry budget.
- Direct Mother Morning Out Ministry (MMO). Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program. Maintain all lesson plans, activities and related records on file. Maintain a current registration form and immunization record for each child attending. Collect all tuition and registration fees to be given to the treasurer for deposit. Provide the treasurer with a written copy of the payroll at the end of each month. This will include all the employees’ names, hours worked (according to time sheets on file) and childcare deductions (when necessary). Fill in for MMO teachers when needed as well as secure substitutes.
- Comply with and enforce the Safe Sanctuaries Policy and coordinate training and revisions to the policy as needed in collaboration with the Director of Youth Ministries and the Safe Sanctuaries Committee.
- Follow up with child-age visitors and to keep church updated with calendar of events.
- Oversee Sunday’s Kid’s Club 30-minute programing during the 10:45 Contemporary Service (including curriculum and training).
- Oversee Nursery and Nursery Workers. Ensure that a nursery is provided at each Sunday Worship Service, Wednesday Night Suppers and Programs, and other special events and activities as required.
- Plan and coordinate Vacation Bible School
- Represent the interests of children and bring their needs and concerns before the church’s leadership and the congregation.
- Recruit and train a willing and enthusiastic group of volunteer children’s ministry workers.
- Work with the pastor to organize annual confirmation class and activities for confirmation.
- Attend appropriate seminars and workshops on children’s ministry.
- Maintain a written file of programs, policies and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaried Position: Pay based on experience.
- Each Calendar Year: Two Sundays off for personal time.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org