Bethel UMC (Jacksonville Circuit) Cochran Georgia
Bethel UMC (Jacksonville Circuit)
GA Hwy 117S
Jacksonville GA 31544
400 Hill Manning Road
Cochran GA 31014
This church was organized in 1881 and services were held in a school room until 1895, when a building was erected. Rev. Bascomb Anthony was one of the early pastors and Mrs. Vara A. Majette played the organ. In April, 1957, a tornado completely destroyed the building but let unharmed the pulpit furniture, piano, pews, collection plates and songbooks. The foundation for the new building was laid on July 9, 1957. The annex was completed in 1975 and the social hall built in 1978. This church has been on the Jacksonville Circuit, Rhine Circuit and back to the Jacksonville Circuit.